The purpose of this workshop is to introduce anyone to the basic concepts of relief printmaking at an affordable cost. Relief printmaking is perfect for creating fine-art prints, or cards. Although a beginning workshop, artists unfamiliar with printmaking will learn something new. People will be able to continue the practice in their own homes. The best prints are the ones you make at the kitchen table!
Price: $210 plus tax.
Features of workshop:
- Six hour workshop with a break for lunch.
- Everyone takes an exchange portfolio of prints created during the workshop.
- The workshop will be a fun and social event.
- Option to purchase a kit containing the tools they use through the workshop.
Skills Achieved during the Workshop:
- Creating an image suitable for relief printmaking
- Transferring images to linoleum
- Carving techniques using linoleum tools on blocks
- Print using water-based inks with a baren and a press
- Option of printing multiple colors
- Students leave with a group portfolio, plus a small edition of their own block.
There will be a bulk materials fee to be split amongst workshop participants that is approx $10 per person.